For those of you who don't know, there is currently a solo exhibit up at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, New York! It is the best version of my Might of Mythology project so far, so please go see it before it closes December 9th!
In addition to the solo show, there has been a serious re-working of my webpage!
There has been another huge content update for my Might of Mythology project!
There are almost 200 new figures, including a new production method to create ghosts.
I have also spent the past week rebuilding the structures of over 150 old figures, dating back to the early days of this project. Before 2014, none of the figures were made with steel, so they've never been shown in my exhibits before, but now they can stand on their own, so expect to see them soon!
In addition to this new content, I am happy to announce an upcoming exhibit, opening November 11th at the Wilson Gallery at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, New York. New details will be posted as I get them.
In case you haven't noticed, there has been a massive update to my page! Lots of new images, plus some reorganization.
My exhibition is still up in Brockport, so stop by the West Side Gallery in the Tower Fine Arts Building and take a look!
I would also like to announce that I will be relocating to Brooklyn, New York! I beat this level of the game, time for the next!
The Kickstarter campaign for my solo exhibition in April is quickly coming to a close, but we're not quite there yet!
Please contribute if possible, there's a lot of work to be done still and I would like to see it through to completion!
Thank you to everyone who has supported this project and contributed
So I'm not very good at this "crowd-sourcing" thing, but here it goes.
As most of you know, over the past two years I have been working on a very extensive project. This April I will be having a solo show at my alma mater, the College at Brockport. I recently showed this at my graduate school for my thesis exhibition, but there are big changes I would like to make to it to make it more successful. That's where I need help.
Please take a look at the project and donate what you can so I can make this into a reality, Anything is appreciated. Thank you in advanced!
For those of you who are unaware, I recently got married and got offered a job in Stonington, Maine at the Stonington Opera House, so things have been pretty busy! The wedding was a masquerade (of course) so here are the masks I made for my groomsmen.
In addition to the wedding and job, I am currently included in the show Beasties! at the Sebastopol Center for the Arts in Sebastopol, CA, and I have been accepted for a solo exhibit in April at The College at Brockport!
I've been working on my creatures pretty constantly over the past week. (Leading to very little sleep.) In the process I made Regin, a dragon from the Teutonic Germanic tale of Sigfried from the myth of Nibelung. I made an honest attempt to animate him with motorized parts, but at the end of the day I have to consider this trial a failure for many reasons. However, I learned a lot from it and I'm still not giving up (there's a good chance animated creatures won't make an appearance any time soon)
Until I figure out the mechanics, I'll be making a still version of Regin, along with Fafnir, Quetzacoatl, Ryujin, Apep, Tiamat, Beowulf's Dragon, and the Rainbow Serpent as part of my Dragons Project within The Last Sanctuary. They will all also have animations depicting their tales, regardless of my ability to animate them in space.
Some more days on my meditation/ prefrontal project
So for a class I'm taking right now (experimental studio) we have to design a project for ourselves based on what we do in class.
Since this is a class aimed at getting us to do new things, I've decided to work in a non-conventional way. Of course, "conventional" here is based on my normal way of working.
Normally, I pump out work quickly, working non-stop until it's finished. For this project, I won't allow such a thing. Instead, I can only work 30 minutes a day, every day, until the semester is over. These rules I've set for myself will definitely pose a challenge.
I've also decided to work in a more abstract way, performing a repetitive but precise act of drawing intersecting lines. Hopefully this repetition will allow my brain to focus and troubleshoot any problems I'm having with The Last Sanctuary.
Additionally, a new page has been added to my links detailing The Last Sanctuary. Many many more photos to follow.